The ENVISION technologies work by absorbing the invisible part of the solar radiation, the near-infrared (NIR) part, constituting roughly the 50% of the solar energy spectrum.
Because it is invisible, the NIR radiation can be harvested while retaining visible and aesthetic aspects of the façade.
- Active harvesting of the solar radiation from all the building surfaces, while retaining aesthetic aspects.
- Easy Installation. The patented click-façade solution, allows “plug and play” of well insulated pre-fab elements by all kinds of new ‘ENVISION’ façade solutions.
- Easy maintenance, enabled by the “click-on” façade concept for the non-transparent parts. The ventilated window concept will be developed so that the glass can be cleaned easily on the outside and inside of the glazing.
- Large scale deployment potential, thanks to the modularity and flexibility of the prefab solutions.
- Linking heat generation façade elements to district heat network. The interaction with different generations of DHN at low and high temperature will be enabled.
- Cost Effectiveness, ROI lower than 10 years.